Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lemon Chicken - Susan Branch Heart of Home Cookbook

4 chicken breasts (I used tenders)
1 1/2 cups flour (this is way too much - also it's easy to put in bag and shake to coat)
1/3 cup butter
2 TBSP olive oil
salt and pepper

Place chicken between wax paper and pound to flatten. Coat with flour and cook in butter and oil. Salt and pepper to taste.

Sauce
4 TBSP butter
4 TBSP parsley, chopped
1 lemon

Melt butter in pan with drippings from cooking chicken. Remove from heat and add parsley and 1 TBS lemon juice. Pour sauce over chicken.
Hilary's Notes: This calls for a TON of butter. Can easily be cut back. I'd cut back when you make the sauce. Also, I used dried parsley (forgot to buy the fresh). I also thought, "Lemons, yum-- I'll double the lemon since I like lemon so much." Not a good idea! PUCKER UP SOUR! But really tender and moist and I'll definitely repeat - just won't use so much lemon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10